Philadelphia Hospital Negligence Attorneys
When members of the public or their loved ones spend time in a hospital, they trust that the medical staff will act in a responsible and professional manner. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. When doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel do not perform their duties as expected, their negligence can result in serious injuries, prolonged hospital stays and even death. If you have suffered harm because of the mistakes or inattention of hospital staff, the attorneys at Cherry Injury Law, can help.
What Constitutes Hospital Negligence?
In some cases, the hospital staff member causes intentional harm to a patient. In others, the harm is unintentional. However, the person who caused the harm may still be liable if he or she neglected to perform the duties of the job in a reasonable manner and that neglect caused injury to a patient. Here are some examples of actions considered negligent:
- Failing to properly sterilize equipment or using improper equipment
- Giving a patient medication he or she was not prescribed or administering prescribed medication in the wrong amount
- Failing to keep proper reports and records
- Failing to properly diagnose a patient so that he or she can receive appropriate treatment for a condition
- Failing to treat or see a patient within a reasonable amount of time, a problem that can occur in hospital emergency rooms
- Failing to order or complete tests and procedures that are appropriate
With decades of experience on our side, we know how to quickly determine whether hospital negligence took place. If you have any reason to believe you were wronged, we encourage you to discuss your case with us to find out how we can make things right.
Free Consultation: Contact a Media Hospital Staff Error Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a hospital staff member’s mistake, please contact Cherry Injury Law, by phone at 215-660-4813 or e-mail to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Philadelphia hospital negligence lawyers.