Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that about eight million people suffer slip and fall injuries each year. These injuries vary widely from minor cuts to concussions and other serious matters. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensatory damages. Experienced Philadelphia personal injury attorneys such as those with Cherry Injury Law can help you decide whether to file a lawsuit to recover losses from your injury.
Slip and Fall Injuries Overview
In a slip and fall case, the burden of proof rests on the plaintiff to prove that the premises owner was negligent. The plaintiff also must demonstrate that the negligence caused injuries. An experienced Pennsylvania slip and fall injury attorney will understand how to negotiate these difficult legal matters. The owner of the premises could be responsible if they ignored problems such as these:
- Obstacles – This could be an extension cord stretched across a space or equipment carelessly strewn across the premises.
- Wet or icy surfaces – Business and residential owners are often liable for keeping paths on or adjacent to their property clear.
- Damaged pathways – Uneven concrete or missing manholes can result in serious accidents.
Injuries in these cases are also diverse in nature. These could include spinal cord injuries, bruises, lacerations and bone fractures.
What Should I Do After the Accident?
Knowing the details of your particular situation is important. The following actions are recommended:
- Note the date and time the accident occurred.
- Write a short summary of exactly what happened and note any details about what may have contributed to the accident.
- Consult a medical professional immediately following the accident to examine the nature and extent of your injuries.
- If possible, take photos of where the accident occurred and talk to witnesses.
It’s also best to consult a Pennsylvania slip and fall injury lawyer such as the experienced team at Cherry Injury Law early in the process. They understand that you’ve been through a difficult experience and are simply seeking to be back where you were before the accident. That’s why they’ll work tirelessly with you for the maximum reward in damages so you can recover medical expenses and lost wages. Trust the Philadelphia personal injury attorneys with more than 100 years of combined experience. Call Cherry Injury Law for a free consultation today.
Contact Us Today! WE CAN HELP YOU!
If you have been seriously injured in the state of Pennsylvania by the negligence of another and if you have questions or concerns about your legal rights, please don’t hesitate to call. Our Pennsylvania injury attorneys are available 24 hours a day to speak with you, and we welcome all calls at no charge. Contact us today at 610-816-0366.